By implementing contemporary pedagogy within a variety of dynamic learning spaces, we provide opportunities for teamwork, shared experiences and appreciating different perspectives through the communication of ideas and knowledge.
At Gilroy Catholic College, staff, parents and students work collaboratively through:
- A range of opportunities where students work in teams and independently
- A range of learning experiences in both traditional and agile spaces that support students to learn from and with each other
- Gilroy Catholic Parent Council’s work to promote the interests of the College in the community
- The Student Representative Council and Student Leadership Teams that provide a vehicle for student voice
- Student involvement in the College newsletter, The Loop
- Parent Teacher meetings throughout the year
- Years 7 and 9 camps focused on team and community building
- College colour houses, Warragunna, Tchingal, Jabiru and Windaru
- Social justice initiatives including charitable fundraising
- Partnerships with local organisations such as the Design 2 Shine program with St Gabriel’s School, Castle Hill.